Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our Dog Rory











Here are some pictures of our dog. I say our's because my daughter and granddaughters, include her as theirs as well. I had been saying for a while I wanted to get a puppy, but never could commit to doing it, or get my husband to say yes. We had a couple of really good dogs, during our marriage. Buffy, who was a puppy of my parents dog, Brandy. She was 14, and our daughter was 13 when we had to put her down. She had lost the ability to hold her bladder and her sight was going. Then about a year later, my daughter convinced me to go to the pound, and we found a puppy whose tummy was so big, that when she tried to stand up in the cage she would fall over. My daughter was instantly in love, with her. Her name was Skeeter. My daughter through her teen years, college, and marriage; had her dog intermittently with us taking care of her when she couldn't. A few years ago, when the dog was about 13 years old, she just wandered away. We are not sure what happened to her. But, our oldest granddaughter was quite heartbroken.
In between, we had two puppies, cocoa and mitzi. Both at the same time, BIG Mistake!! They dug up Gordy's yard he put so much work into. They destroyed all kinds of things. Eventually, we gave them both away. So, we were a little burned out on the animal thing, at the time.
Then Gordy started working longer hours, and my hours got shorter. It was hard being by myself so much of the time. That's when we got Rory.
She is a Jack Russell Terrier, very smart, very fun, always getting into trouble. But, she has brought a lot of joy back into our lives. She gives us something to love, that loves us back. She gives us somebody to play with, and walk, and talk to. Even though, she was my puppy, she seems to be more my husbands'. One of Dawn's cat's (Bella) is in the pictures, she has the same personality as Rory. They both think they are the Queen of the house, so when they are together, it's a fun time to be had by all. Here are some pictures of her on scrapbook pages, hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I love these pages, they are so cute!!! Take good care of "our" puppy! ;)