Sunday, May 11, 2008

scrapbooking and geanology

My goal for this blog is to have scrapbook pages of heritage and genealogy. This way I can print off my pages for other people who might want a copy. The genealogy I have worked on, a little here and little there for the last 10 years. It became important when my first granddaughter, was born.

When I first started scrapbooking, I had most of my pictures in decent type albums; but I did have some in those sticky albums. Especially our first pictures, that was the rave in the 70's. So, I took the pictures all out and tried to put them into chronilogical order. Then my dad was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and only gave a few months to live. I'm happy to report he is still kicking and his cancer is in remission. I stopped what I was doing at the time on my scrapbooks and did a genealogy/through the life of my dad scrapbook. When I finished I decided I liked the themed scrapbooks so I did a friend album, travel album, and Christmas albums. Now I am doing everyday albums. Oh, I also did a wedding album. My pictures are in a power sort box from creative memories, they have gone down in size from the old pictures but I keep adding pictures. Hopefully, when I get the software for digital scrapbooking I can get the pictures on my blog.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Is that all??? Just kidding, thought I would pop by and say Hi! Let me know if you still need any help getting pictures uploaded on here :)
Hugs
Dawn