Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grandpa Nichols, George J. Nichols


This is a picture of my Grandfather. I never met him, he died when my Dad was 11, in the early 50's. He was born and raised in Westfield, NY. I was told when I was little that he died of a hole in his stomach; I think it was cancer. I am ordering a death certificate to verify the information. He was the son of Charles Nichols and Helen Trump. He married my Grandmother, Leah I. Lanphere, and had 5 children. Alice Nichols (Maring), Harold Nichols, Myron Nichols, Cleon Nichols, and Raymond Nichols.

They lived on a farm on a hill called Oxbow just outside of Westfield, NY. Then the house burned down, although I never heard from what. I want to research this, I am sure there had to have been some sort of report of this in the local newspaper. I've been told my Grandfather was a golden glove boxer, and also worked on the trolly car lines, if I am remembering this correctly. I hope to have time in the near future to verify some of this information.

The page is made out of Creative Memories paper, Eyelets Etc. flowers and Brads, Thickers Brown Letters.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Another great page, you are so good at this!!!