Monday, October 6, 2008

Post Cards from the 40's & 50's











Here are some postcards that I put in photo pockets, because they have writing and postmarks on the back. They have 1 and 2 cent stamps, and are from canandaiua lake, and watkins glenn on the page with the different colors in the background. Then on the black page there is a picture from my Grandmother's brother Jim Lanphere, while he was stationed in Germany during the 2nd world war in 1945. Then there are postcards from Washington DC, while my dad's brother Cleon was there, and he sent these to my dad. There is also a page of little postcards that were never sent of different areas and the memorials in Washington DC. I also, have a page of pictures that were sent to me, when Niagara Falls froze in I believe the early 1900's. Most of the paper and stickers are from creative memories, but there are a few stickers from Kelly Paracci - 2004. Hope you enjoy.....

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Great pages Mom! Love seeing all of your work!!!

MYRON LANPHERE said...

MYRON LANPHERE, JIM LANPHERE'S YOUNGEST SON NAMED AFTER MYRON NICHOLS ENJOYED VIEWING. WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE IF POSSIBLE.