Thursday, September 11, 2008

Addlt Info on scrapbook pages and more pages











The two pages I posted last night were of old postcards that my grandmother had, that my parents inherited when she passed on. This is my paternal side of grandparents. I am waiting on my Aunt to provide me with some scanned pictures of my maternal side (adoptive) grandparents and siblings. The other page is pictures of my dad's parents house they lived in after the fire of their original home on Oxbow Hill in Westfield New York.
My Grandmother, Leah Irene Nichols; didn't really have an easy life. My Grandfather passed on when my father was 11. A couple of her children were out of the house by then or shortly after; but she had to raise my uncle and my father; on her own. This was around the depression time. I'll write more about her later..... These pages are of my beautiful, giving, Grandma.




1 comment:

Jens Place in Space said...

These are so awesome! I love how you are designing this and writing all the things down. It will be a cherished book forever! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog, its been a rough summer but everyday it seems to get a little better. My mom is here from Minnesota and its so wonderfull spending this time with her, Im going to be so sad Tuesday when she has to go home.