Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Son's Birthday

Today is my son's birthday! I think after your children hit the mid 20's it is hard to imagine them being that old. Of course, this means that I am that much older (maybe that's the bigger issue). Our son has been a wonderful challenge to us, his uniqueness is inspiring. He has compassion, a brilliant mind, and a wonderful smile.
He has had it tough this last year, with a marriage dissolving, finances not where he wants them, and wondering what to do now. He has since met a young lady that he seems to be serious about, and much happier with who he is and what he wants to accomplish in his life.
We will go to dinner sometime this week to celebrate his birthday, and I will post some pictures of the event. In the meantime, I thought while I was contemplating my youngest child's date of birth and who he has become I would jot it down. I hope both of my children know how much I adore them, and hope their dreams and aspirations come true, :) how blessed I have been to be given them to care for and love.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

That was very nice to say all that about him, and it is all true! I don't know if I told you but the first picture on your last post is a gorgeous page! I love how you used the colors and those thickers....very creative! Thank you for being such a great Mom and my best friend :)