Friday, September 26, 2008

Update to Grandma Nichols

I didn't really finish before I published the last post. My Grandma's maiden name was Lanphere. My Grandfather's ancestors came from Germany, with the name Neukerchin, and they changed it to Nichols. Between my mother and I we have done a lot of genealogy research on this. My Grandfather's mother was from the Trump family. One of my dad's cousins on the Trump side (Roger), has also done quite a bit of genealogy on that part of the family tree.
I never got to know my Grandpa Nichols, he died when my dad was 11. My dad had a rough time growing up without a good male role model. His mother did the best she could on her own. She was a very proud woman. I am told that my Grandfather died from a hole in his stomach from a work injury, but assume it was cancer. He was sick from the time my dad was little, in fact my dad said he doesn't have many memories of him, without him being sick. They had a small farm on Oxbow Hill, just outside of Westfield. Unfortunately, the house burned down, and they moved to town. OK, now I can publish this and it's as complete as I can make it, at this point.

No comments: